Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Some celebrity chefs make cooking hard

edited September 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Just saw this in the online Mail, it is quite amusing. Apparently Delia and Nigella make cooking too difficult by the language they use.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=481052&in_page_id=1879

Here is a brief explanation.

'They found that 5.2 million adults in the UK would be unable to follow Nigella's cooking methods as she uses longer sentences and tends to write in a "chatty" style, mixing in personal observations with her instructions.

Delia Smith's culinary teaching was also criticised for having too many stages, using measurements confusing for anyone with poor numeracy skills and she sprinkles too many adjectives into her recipes.'
  • My cooking's hard, too.
  • Is it preferable to sprinkle oxymorons into one's cooking?!!!
  • They give some examples at the bottom of the article, and even I gave up reading!
  • Jay, you must need the recipe books by male celebrity chefs then.
  • Is THAT what they're called Jenny? Those little bits of bread you put in Oxtail soup?
  • Bill - Absolutely right.

(And men watch Nigella Lawson's programmes because they're interested in her recipes!)
  • not this one. I find her a turn OFF.
    not my type.
    I wonder, actually, what other male TBs think?
    Yes or No to Nigella?