Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Small presses

edited September 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Been to the Writers' Club tonight, the speaker was Paul Sutherland of a Lincolnshire based small press Dreamscape.
    He talked about a lot of aspects of the small presses; like checking out whether the one you're considering is going strong or likely to fold at any moment.
    And it was just part of one of the small steps writers need to take in the road to the published novel- or whatever your eventual aim is.
    They do 50/50 poetry and prose, and for overseas submissions they accept e-mail with Word 2003 attachments.
    If anyone is interested I'll dig out the contact details- so e-mail me via Webbo.
  • Carol: the magazine is actually called Dream Catcher. They publish good-quality literary stuff (they're a very good journal for any aspiring poets to get into) and run regular workshops in York and elsewhere. I recommend them.
  • Thank you Amboline, I'm not sure why I keep calling it Dreamscape- must be something subliminal.
    Paul said they get 7,000 submissions a year. And we were given an insight into how to deselect your submission in his eyes.
    I got the last minute job of writing up the meeting review for our club magazine, so these useful bits of info will be going in the piece.
  • I'm a bit disappointed. When I saw this thread I pctured a cave with dwarfs rushig around feeding a tiny printing press