Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The Time Traveler's Wife

edited September 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• I've been waiting an AGE to post this!

I very nearly lost patience with this novel within the first few pages, due to its flipping backwards and forwards...but as is my style, I like to persevere and boy am I glad I did! A stunting, enchanting story that will have you crying, laughing, shouting at the pages. Beautifully written and the snatches of time narrated by the two main characters flows seamlessly and with captivating effects. Read this novel to get in touch with your emotions, read it for a sensational story, read it...well, because it’s worth it.
  • I got halfway and gave up - it just didnt seem to get anywhere for me.
  • I read this a while back now and enjoyed it.  An interesting take on time travel.
    It starts off a bit confusing but is well worth the read.
  • I read it last october MM. I enjoyed it too. It was hard work in places ,yet it was an intersting and fun read. Romantic aspect was good and the ending unexpected. I would agree that it is worth sticking with.
  • I loved it. Made me cry. Not many books do that. I thought she made what could have been a mundane love story, very poignant.
  • I tried to read this a while ago, but gave up.  But so many people have said how great it is, I'll have another try.
  • I also loved this book.  The style did take a bit of getting used to but it really absorbed me and I will probably re-read it at some point.

The time travel plot may not stand up to too much investigating in terms of plausability but I loved the characters and the way the story untangles itself.
  • The last scene in the book makes me choke up just thinking about it (nearly two years after first reading it).
  • I enjoyed reading it as well, I'll have to read it again.
  • Yep, enjoyed this one as well. An interesting premise, pretty well done I thought.

Richard(Posting from the middle of a forest in Norfolk)
  • I cried...I said to myself as I neared the ending 'I'm gonna cry a bucket load here...' I had to sit for a while after and simply...sit.
  • which tree connected you to the Internet, Richard?
  • Dorothy

I'm in a caravan in the woods at Kelling Heath which is near Weybourne (north Norfolk coast). There's a pub nearby with wireless so i'm connected to that.

Not really in the middle of the forest but close.....

Richard
  • <sigh> all these people destroying my illusions ...
  • Audrey (now THAT'S a name :O) Niffenegger (and so's that!).

Claudia, do Amazon deliver to your neck of the woods, or, more accurately, island in the sea?
  • these rave reviews have got me curious, just found a copy at a very good price on abebooks.com and ordered it.
    Checked Amazon first, they start at £8.95. abebooks started at £1.65 ...