Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Chase up letter help needed...

edited September 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• Hi all, hope the sun is shining on you as it is on me in Nottingham.

I've sent requested material to one party and another also requested it a short while after and have not received it as it had already gone out to the first people. I haven't heard back though, and wonder if this sounds okay for a query letter before I re-submit it to various publishers?
    What do you think? I'm fine at writing proposals and business letters and stories but writing a query letter to editors is somehow daunting..
    Obviously it will start with the usual salutation and correctly addressed blah blah.

"I would like to thank you for the attention and consideration you have already given to the book and would like to inform you that in the interests of the book I will shortly be making (The Book Title) available to other publishers who requested further chapters on my initial multiple submission.

However, it is still on an exclusive basis with yourselves until (my specified date), after which date it will be submitted to others.

Thank you for your attention, I look forward to your reply"

Thanks everyone for looking! Moira.
  • Dorothy will be the best person to comment, but I can't see any problem with it in this commercially based world.
    If they get it they may decide either way, and as others are interested you're giving them a date to work to.
  • sounds good to me.  Everyone I have responded to has been told how many others have also asked to see the work, it's really the only way, push and shove to get a decision.  If they don't respond, it's their loss.  Don't lose the chance of selling somewhere else through politeness!
  • Thanks guys! Your support is appreciated.