Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Mobile phones

edited August 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• I enjoyed reading Stephen King's 'Cell.'  If any of you have read it, did you avoid using your mobile phone for days afterwards, as it predicts in the blurb?
  • I enjoyed it too, but it didn't stop me using my mobile phone!  Did you avoid using yours, Rebecca?
  • I don't have a mobile, Tash.

If the things in SK's story could happen in real life, it would be pretty scary, as most people have a mobile.
  • loved the book, but so rarely use my phone I don't even recognise its ring when it is on!
  • My mobile is a bit of a security blanket in that I don't use it much but always take it everywhere with me.

This thread has made me want to read Cell.
  • I like that Soobdoo - a security blanket!  That is exactly how I feel about mine!  I never leave the house without it.
  • I love my little pink mobile - embrace the technology
  • I must be antisocial as I love being 'unavailable' when I go out!  I can always check messages on the answerphone when I get back so I just don't feel the urge to get a mobile.

Members of my family are trying to persuade me to have one.  I suppose they're useful in an emergency.
  • I meant: mobile phones are useful in an emergency.

Not families.  Although they ARE useful in an emergency, they are lovely for most of the time as well.

Oops.  I must write more clearly in future...
  • A very limited number of people have my mobile number, basically emergencies or last minute changes of plan when meeting friends.
    Otherwise there is the answer machine.