Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

DESPERATE!

edited August 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• I am a MASSIVE Mortiis fan (Norwegian gothic band) and have recently discovered the ONLY book written by the lead singer Mortiis...it is called 'Secrets of my kingdom'. I've only been able to find it on ebay but some nasy person keeps on upping their bid and I can't keep up. ): does anyone know of a rare book website that I could have a look at please?
  • try abebooks.com.  I buy a lot from them. And The Book Depository. Best of luck ...
  • Don't get your hopes up too high, but have a look on Discogs.com - it looks as if there might be a CD and book for sale from somewhere in Israel.  If I've got that wrong, sorry - I'm a bit over the hill for Norwegian gothic bands, but I tried!
  • Not a helpful thing to say, but I find that not putting a bid in until the last minute keeps the price down.  And I literally mean the last few seconds!.
  • Thanks guys! I knew I could rely on you. (:
  • Let us know if you get it - then we can all stop crossing everything for you!
  • The Book Depository didn't have it, I checked.
  • Outbided on Ebay...): 3 hours left...but I'm doubtfull. I've checked the other sites and the copy from Israel was demanding 180 euros.
  • Bad luck, MM.  Never mind, maybe one day ...
  • Its not going to help because I checked and they don't have it but Bookbutler - do a price comparison of books between 120 stores. Before I buy on Amazon or Ebay I check with them.
  • Have you tried Barter Books in Alnwick MM.  I think your based is the North East aren't you?.  They have a website too.
  • Why not write to the band? Tell them how much their work means to you, and ask if they have any copies of the book available, explaining the difficulty of getting it in the UK. If musicians are anything like writers they'll be delighted to get a bit of positive correspondence from an intelligent, enthusiastic fan!
  • I have actually been talking to them online since last year, met with them this year, had a tattoo in their honour...I've been making massive hints, but as yet...nothing. But...I can't complain because Mortiis has put three pictures of my tattoo on the band myspace page.