Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Budding writer on eBay!

edited August 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130144061675&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:2
  • Brilliant stuff!  Amazing she has the time to write anything!
  • Couldn't help but notice the winning bid was $142.51. Is that real?
  • that is SO funny and so well done! Made my morning!
  • this has also reminded me of another long story I read on there, not sure to this day if it was real but it was SO funny ...
    I wanted a jewellery box and found this listing, where the woman said she had been asked by her husband to buy a jewellery box for his mother for a gift, using his credit card. She knew full well it was for his girlfriend but went anyway. When she got to the shop, there were so many to choose from she didn't know what to buy so she called him. Obviously she interrupted him at a 'special moment' because he snarled 'how many jewellery boxes are there anyway?' so she bought them all on his card ... and was selling them off through ebay under the heading 'How Many Jewellery Boxes Are There Anyway?'
    I hope it was true, in a way, if it wasn't it still made an entertaining read! And after all that, she didn't have one I wanted!
  • I do hope it was true.
  • I don't see why it wouldn't be true. I was amused at her thinking people nuts to pay $40. Wonder what she said when it ended at $142. I sent the link to my sister, who's always buying stuff on eBay. Back came her reply: 'Thanks, but mine aren't really bothered with Pokemon cards now. But what the seller said about them was quite funny.'