Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

bound to affect us all ;)

edited August 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• hi i'm new on here and I came across a poem which I just thought I'd share with all of you as no doubt sometime or other we have used it whenever we are writing on our computers, so here's one about the reliability of PC Spellchecker...Enjoy!! :D

"Eye halve a spelling chequer
    It came with my pea sea
    It plainly marques four my revue
    Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
    Eye strike a key and type a word
    And weight four it two say
    Weather eye am wrong oar write
    It shows me strait a weigh.
    As soon as a mist ache is maid
    It nose bee fore two long
    And eye can put the error rite
    Its rare lea ever wrong.
    Eye have run this poem threw it
    I am shore your pleased two no
    Its letter perfect awl the weigh
    My chequer tolled me sew." m*
  • Ha ha ha, that's terrific WG! Very amusing - and sooooo accurate, too.    :-D

By the way, welcome to Talkback.
  • ;D & *thanks for ur welcome Island Girl** m*
  • Hi welshgal, welcome to Talkback!
  • Hi, Welshgal. My husband's half Welsh...the bottom half, I think (short legs!)
  • welcome to Talkback! Thanks for that.
  • What a great way to introduce yourself, WG!  Welcome to the merry world of Talkbackers!
  • Nice to meet you WG - welcome. 
  • The poem is a great word of warning for all of us.

I'm currently editing a novel that was spell-checked in Word. All I can say is: ho ho ho.
  • Hi all!! Thank you all soo much for your lovely warm Welcomes, truly nice of you all** and glad you enjoyed :) ... n great to Isabella King, where 'bouts in Wales is he from?? (btw, I'm not too sure about the short legs part, my legs aren't short ;D heh-heh*) b'bye mx
  • Welshgirl, his mother came from the Fishguard area.
    I believe he started school there - in a special class for children who didn't speak the language.
  • Hi, Welshgal. Welcome to Talkback. You haven't heard, by any chance, of a book called 'Up All Night?' I mentioned it on another thread. Apologies if it's not your sort of thing! It's something I came across when looking for my books on Amazon.
  • Good one!  Welcome to Talkback!
  • Hello, welcome to Talkback.
  • Hi WG I AM all Welsh, from cardiif and now living in Pembs. I studied at Swansea Uni. Welcome to TB, you are in good company yer. and i do like writing in the freds innit.
  • Hi and welcome from me, too.  All the best with your work :O)

I don't bother with the spellchecker.  An editor might have to sort out one word or a bit of punctuation in small doses but, really, it is beyond my belief that people who have apparently studied for degrees at the moment don't seem to have a clue when it comes to spelling.  What's going on with teaching??