Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Competition

edited August 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Hi there,
    Being a younger member of writers news, I have entered myself into a competition for 11-13 year olds on a different site. It contains a story I have used in the past to win second place in the BBC London Student awards.This particular competition requires votes in order to win. I am not a person who takes pride in having a prize won ENTIRELY by votes of friends and family, and therefore, I ask your help. If you have the time, please visit the following link and read my story, which has been used in the past to win competitions for gifted young writers. I hope you can receive some enjoyment from it, and if so, I ask that you cast a vote for me. The story is about a tragic event in London history, and glorifies British heritage and the welcoming of other cultures. The link is below:

http://youngwriters.toowrite.com/toowrite_story.asp?sid=226

Thanks for your time.
  • Thanks for letting us know Beechwood, I 'm sure many of us will have a look.
    When is the closing date?
  • I'm pretty sure it's October the 19th.
  • I'm pretty sure it's October the 19th.
  • Yeah, my name changed, I have a weird login, something to do with my email and an account I mad on here a couple of years ago that I abandoned.
  • Who were you previously Mattman? Welcome back whoever you were.
  • Thanks, and thank you if it was you who voted, as the numbers have gone up.
  • Now I think about it, the competition really dosen't rely on skill, but more who has the most friends to vote. I'd like to win it on skill rather than anything else.
  • Good for you!  I'm sure you'll get more satisfaction from winning on skill rather than votes.  Good luck!
  • Thank you, I need the votes, but I can just hope those who do vote did so because they enjoyed the writing.
  • If you are only aged 11-13, you must be one of our very youngest members. Your story reads very well, especially considering your age. I was the judge in the London Student Awards creative writing category last year. Was it last year that you were placed? I don't remember the story but did have to read quite a few! What borough did you live in?
  • It was this year,and I am in Surrey. I came second this year [beaten by 16 year old girl]  I was too young to enter, maybe this is why you did not recognise my work? I'm not sure how it works. But thank you for your comment.