Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Name changing

edited August 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Hello everybody,
    Apologies that this is taking so long to sort out, but the challenge of fixing the identity-swapping login issue is akin to rebuilding the entire forum from scratch. I am underway with it at the moment, but the problem is to fix the IDs without losing posts, profiles, etc. As part of the process, I will be deleting users who have not posted for a long time
    It will be sorted eventually. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
    Webbo
  • Brilliant news, thanks for telling us!
  • thanks webbo.  it's rather exciting stepping into someone else's shoes though!
  • You'll deserve a bonus once you've sorted it out!
  • Oh dear, I have just posted two remarks on a thread and they have been attributed to someone else. Not that it matters as I just wanted to have my say! After the mistaken identity, I logged out and logged on again. Now I'm back to being me again!
  • Thankyou Webbo, even though I haven't had any problems!
  • Webbo, you're a Star
  • Hmmm.  Detective as well as IT boffin.  Do you also walk around with a broom hanging from your waist and sweep the floor while you're at it?  Thanks, Webbo :O)
  • Thanks Webbo. It's good to know you're on the case even though I haven't had any problems so far.
  • Thanks Webbo, we'll carry on as before if a swap occurs- log out then back in.
    You're a star!
  • I hate to put a spanner in your works, Webbo but once an idle identity has attached itself to a regular user it's made itself active again and will therefore slip under your radar. They're clever little blighters.
  • You're right Isabella, it's real needle and haystack stuff.
    I don't want to put anyone out, but one thing that could help me out, if any of you have ever been logged in as somebody else, <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]">let me know</A> which user you appeared to be.
    Thanks all for bearing with me.
  • Webbo - would it be possible for that request (re letting you know) to appear prominently at the top of the page until the problem is fixed?
  • Webbo, you have ruined my thread where we were all guessing on what date we would reach 1000 members. We were so close. The sudden drop from 974 to only 666 now that you've been weeding out those who haven't posted in a while makes hitting 1000 a very longterm prospect now!!!
  • castles built on sand Viv, castles built on sand.
  • castles built on sand Viv, castles built on sand.
  • I heard you the first time. You didn't have to say it twice!