Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The Neverending Story

edited August 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• I finished this fabulous book last night, eleven years after first watching the film and being enchanted. If you pick up one children's book this summer, make it this one.
  • Beautiful book!  If you're going to read it, try and find the original version with the red and green type and the snakes on the cover...
  • You can get that!!!??? Awesome!!
  • Well, I hope you can get it! The original German version was published like that, and for the longest time Michael Ende refused to give permission for a paperback edition, as he felt it would diminish the book.
  • It's my sister's favourite book, and that says a lot about a reluctant reader.
  • Dang. I checked it out on Wikipedia and Amazon, and it appears that the book was never published in its full glory in English.
  • And it's right in front of me on my desk!
  • MM: if you liked "The Neverending Story", read "Momo" (by the same author). It's apparently also a children's story, but it is one of the creepiest things I have ever read. Deeply weird and disturbing.

After you've read it, you will understand why I have such a phobia of grey men in suits. Especially if they smoke cigars...
  • Momo sounds right up my street - I love creepy.
    Does anyone know if there was a book of The Princess Bride, I only recently watched the film but it was lovely.
    Haven't read the Never-ending story.
  • The princess bride is a wonderful film!! Oddly enough, I watched it in Israel aged 13 with subtitles.
  • Once again, The Princess Bride is one of my sister's favourite books.  I found it in Waterstones last year.  She says it's fantastic, better than the film, and highly recommended.  It was written by William Goldman and available from Amazon.co.uk