Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

JKR new projects apparently

edited July 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• A small insight into how she writes. And I wonder which will be successful. My only question is, if one is for children and the other is not for children, I wonder who the 'others' are!
    From the online Telegraph.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/27/npotter127.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

'J K Rowling has revealed that she is writing two more books - one for children, one for adults - though neither is a fresh instalment of Harry Potter.

JK Rowling has an estimated fortune of more than £500m
    The author, continuing her cat-and-mouse game with fans about her future plans, said today: "I’m sort of writing two things at the moment. One is for children and the other is not for children."

But she said that she expected to drop one of the projects - as happened when she wrote Harry Potter and the Philospher’s Stone, the first in the Hogwarts’ series.

"The weird thing is that this is exactly the way I started writing Harry," she said. '
  • This is interesting, Carol.
  • She's earnt enough money, can't she back off and allow room for other books, like mine! (only joking)
  • I agree Katie. Time to discover there are other excellent child authors besides JKR-e.g.Jacqueline Wilson
  • Anne Fine, Lemony Snicket (I've read up to volume 10 so far), Philip Pullman among others.