Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Chav Lit

edited August 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• I found this article, and I thought everyone here might enjoy it.  Certainly cheered me up, had me howling with laughter actually.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=473195&in_page_id=1879&in_page_id=1879&expand=true#StartComments

What does everyone else think?.

(Make sure you read all the comments too!).
  • I particularly liked the comment from Chelseabill.

It would have warmed my heart if even just one of them had said the proceeds were going to charity.
  • I enjoyed the comments more than the article ... which was just depressingly sad, in a world where money is not being thrown at new writers.
  • I'm a bit confused about these awful books. Are the writers actually good ones who are writing down for these projects? Or are they terrible writers anyway? Do the publishers go looking for suitably terrible writers, to make the pose believable? Why do people buy such books when they know the 'authors' didn't write them? Do they believe that they are actually just transcribed by the writers, for correction of spelling and grammar, etc.?