Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

deageing

RobRob
edited August 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Hi Kateyanne. Ta for the warm welcome. Yoga just about covers every ailment, as it restores balance and natural health / ageing. If you go to my website you can read about becoming young in both body & mind all over again. On my 'blogg' there is a questionnaire that will really get you in the mood for deaging...check it out. 
  • OK thanks will look. I did do yoga for a while but I hurt my back doing it and haven't done it since!
  • Kateyanne, if you hurt your back doing Yoga I think you musn't have warmed up properly first, or maybe it was the wrong form.

I went to classes for a while, but there seemed to be a snobbery from the other students towards the newbies.

There is a Yoga class that I will start at University and my local fitness centre do Tai Chi which I have a fancy for as well.
  • One of my friends hurt her leg doing Tai Chi which I would have thought was almost impossible!
  • hi Nenastew5.Ta for looking at my site. What a wonderful example of what I am explaining... how we become robotic without newness  - virginal sensory inputs in our life... I bet you got a wonderful childlike buzz from your brand new experience (snottygobble tree). As a child you received a buzz like that every minute of the day which filled you with tireless childlike energy. If I may give all my new aquaitances an exercise from my site called 'absurdity therapy'. Come up with an absurd, ridiculous, unearthly concept and meditate on it for ten minutes - you'll explode with childlike joy. For example: coloured TV arials! Chocolate mascara! A mother's breast that can feed her young, rasberry milkshake,hot chocolate, orange juice, a snottygobble tree, etc. Good luck.
  • That's got to be Roald Dahl's mother's breast - loving you already Rob.
  • Nenastew5: your absurdities were fab. You said "the mental image created had me smiling all day"... you bet that makes you childish. The mental images have health-benefiting chemical-partners that produce deageing activity throughout the physical universe. If you meditate on your absurdites for a day or so , I guarantee you that someone will comment on the fact that are looking  / acting younger!!!
    Creating absurdites opens up the creative mind  -it will help your creative writing immeasurably.
  • I love the childish bit but have to confess it doesnt come naturally to me nowadays.
    I wish it did.
    Sometimes I can be a bit serious.
    Deageing is another reason to try as my daughters would say 'to lighten up a bit.' 
  • hi soobdoo. You go for it! If you want a quick fix at being childlike, try tying your shoelaces up as a left-handed person, or if you are left-handed, as a right-handed person. Immediately you'll be thrown into having to relearn to tie your shoelaces up - you perfected this extremely difficult task at a very early age. This exercise requires the use of 'creative mind' rather than the use of everyday 'working mind'. Think up an absurdity, e.g., 'visible hiccups!'(imagine hiccuping pink, gold, and purple hicups!)Meditate on your absurdity.
  • Hi Nenastew5. I have not read a book of Albert Ellis's, but I do know his work stemmed on Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy. ( I might add it would be heavy reading!) All of my findings have stemmed from yoga and meditation, and a solo-ish childhood that left me almost untainted by a world of adults and family life.
    I experimeted with my findings (on my 'self' , and cancer patients)and found that miraculous things can happen to both body and mind. What I have written on my website is only the tip of an orange iceburge just waitng to be licked and tasted!
  • Hi Ana. Roald Dahl was an expert absurditist (my word). No wonder his mind glowed with flowing purple rivers of creativity - he existed in a universe of absurdity.