Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Tin Tin book now banned

edited July 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Here we go again.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=467757&in_page_id=1770
  • With so much "sensitivity" around, isn't it amazing that Shylock in The Merchant of Venice has not yet become religiously non-specific?
  • The article I saw on the subject said they were moving it to a different section- the graphic stuff I think.
    Personally this is taking things too far. The book was written in a different time period, a different social outlook.
    Are they really such idiots to believe that one book will make everyone believe that all black people are like that?
    They really should live in the real world.
  • I just went to have a look at the article but was completely side tracked by the piece by Lowri Turner to the right of it...

'Why I have mixed feelings about my mixed race baby'
  • I think Lowri Turner has said too much about a very personal matter.
  • I'd have thought that the CRE had more pressing issues to attend to than suggesting the 'disappearance' of an 80+ year olf book of cartoons...
  • The tendency to either prefer your own racial group or to be ambivilant to other groups is  part of human nature and I suspect always will be. Attempts to suppress this has in the past led to an eventual disaster. I feej those who wish to mingle do so without suppressing free speech and laying the foundations of future problems
  • I agree Jenny. I was amazed at this, poor baby.