Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What women talk about- apparently.

edited July 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• It seems men talk as much as women- or so researchers have discovered.
    The BBC magazines page has an item about words women might use, but men are unlikely to.
    There must be something wrong with me, I rarely use the majority of them.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6277306.stm
  • Doesn't it just show up some cultural differences between the US and Europe!
  • Oh no - i use quite a lot of those - not sure what that means - Ive used Burlesque this week (probably for the first time) as my friend is starting a course soon which includes the tassle twirling. As for Jesse Metcalfe...he's no Al Pacino.
  • There is now a list that's been added to by respondents to the article. You can see the list at http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6284668.stm

I liked: Penopause. The mid-life crisis that causes the male species to indulge in motorcycles, sports cars, new younger wives and hair implants to distract from his real-life realities and declining vigour.
  • I never went through Penopause. But of-course, women talk more than men!!
  • And I thought the Penopause was writer's block!
  • So did I, Howard. How are you? Do you think the female of the species talk more than men?
  • Of course we do boys! Being generic there- not cheeky.
  • Stan and Howard, that could become another definition for writers block now you've suggested it.
  • Yes, sounds like a good definition of writers' block.
  • Or an explanation for a toilet break.
    (I promise, I haven't been reading Malcolm's pun thread!)
  • Now Carol, please don't let this thread go down the pan!
  • You're quite right Stan, back on topic.
    There were some female bashing ones in the readers list too.
    Can anyone come up with their own definitions?
  • ..or cause a chain reaction..
  • Now, now, Howard, behave yourself.