Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Oh what a wag he is!

edited July 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I spotted a feature called the 60 sec interview in our local freebie paper today and decided to send in an e-mail from my dog Arthur-Rex who is competing in the publicity stakes with me over my book . The idea being that they might like to interview Arthur-Rex. Had a phone call from the paper's journalist an hour later asking, in all seriousness, to speak to Rex. My wife answered the call not knowing what I had done and was utterly mystified thinking at first it was a wrong number.  The journalist persisted saying perhaps it was Arthur she needed to speak to as she'd had this e-mail from him.  Really creased me up. The journalist must have thought I was barking mad when I eventually got on the phone to explain. Anyway she's now coming out on Monday to interview er...me or the dog - not quite sure......depends who she collars first I guess.
  • you're such a wind up person, MW! Let us know how it goes!
  • well done for spotting an opportunity for publicity for your book.  Your dogged determination deserves success and Arthur Rex deserves an extra walk, yes even if it is chucking it down...
  • MW, you are definitely barking!
  • Does Arthur-Rex mind that you've volunteered him for this interview? What if he refuses to say anything?!!
  • Jenny, Arthur-Rex likes a good jaw, some meaty topic to get his teeth into.  And if not, I'll make sure he snaps to.
    But he may be feeling a bit dog-eared on Monday in which case when the journalilst askes him how he's feeling I bet he'll say 'rough'
  • Is he keeping a scrapbook?!!
  • Novel way of getting publicity. Hope Arthur Rex co-operates.
  • Well done Arthur Rex!