Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Winchester Conference success.

edited June 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Butterfly is at the conference and she very kindly said she would text me if any of my books were mentioned, as I couldn't go. And I was thrilled when she texted me this evening to say my children's book was highly commended.

(Thanks Butterfly for offering to do that)
  • Congratulations!  It's always good to hear of a fellow Talkbacker's success.
  • Well done!
  • that's really good news!
  • Good news.
  • I was also commended for my adult novel. Which has spured me on to complete it. Mind it will need alot of work.
    Another friend of mine who couldn't attend also did very well. She came 2nd in the 8-11 children's book competition and went on to get 1st place in the Writing can be Murder competition. So it was a pleasure to have the chance to send texts to both Kateyanne and Lesley.
    It was a wonderful weekend. A time to network and catch up with old friends. Find out what others are up to and how much further they have got. Many like me are making good inroads and reinforcing contacts.
    I've come away, once again, with renewed vigor and a clear direction for my work. A lot of hard work is planned.
    Being shortlisted, commended, highly commended or placed is great to put on your writing cv - most publishers/agents know about the Winchester Writers Conference. Unfortunately it doesn't mean you'll get published or that your book/500 or three pages will sell the book. You always have to work on the manuscript but it bodes well for the future.
    I hope all the newbies that attended this year had a good, inspiring time and that you are now buzzing ready to write - write - write.
  • Hi Butterfly,

Thanks again, and well done to you!
  • Well done, Butterfly!
  • Well done Butterfly and Kateyanne!
  • Well done both!
  • Well done to Katyanne, Butterfly, GaryK, MWelshman and anyone else who had some form of success at the conference. It might become a Talkback meeting place from the sounds of your successes. Keep up the exceptionally clever work, all! Congrats.
  • The Phantom Character Changer woz ere.

(LisaBubbles wasn't her, she was me. Er...you know what I mean)
  • haha thats funny IG.