Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Sampler book of first chapters

edited June 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Hi, folks. I've got two books which have the first chapters of fourteen novels in them. What should I do with them (polite answers only)?

Obviously a library would be a good place for publicity purposes, but can you think of anywhere else?

Thanks.
  • I think library would be best, Jay, unless there is a local writers' group who might be interested?
  • You've just given me a thought, Dorothy. A readers' group! And, since many have links with libraries, onto the library for borrowing or even reference. Thank you!
  • I have a book of first chapters too and would recommend you give yours to a charity shop if you're finished with it.  It may work its way to me - as everyone knows, all bookshops are connected magically and work in a similar way to the ‘wardrobe from Narnia’.  If I find myself adopting a style similar to that of a book I've just read, I'll flick through my mix and match to clear my head.  A little like listening to the radio or reading a magazine.  If it's really dire I won't pay even 20p for it though.