Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Casting Pods

edited June 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Haven’t been around too much lately because I’ve been hard at work. The fruits of my labour are now blossoming and I thought I’d share them with Talkbackers.

My podcast is finally uploaded and available online. Listen to the first show! ‘Bad Jokes, Barking Dogs And Undercooked Fish Fingers.’ The new site is www.castingpods.co.uk and as well as a podcast player I’m going to upload the transcript so that anyone who doesn’t have speakers can still enjoy my sort of humour.

Other news, my story Resurrection is today at number 3 in the YouWriteOn.com chart with only two days left till the end of the month.
  • No idea what you're talking about. Thought pods held peas!

Well done on YWO, though!
  • Good to hear all your hard work has had a good result. Hope your story stays up in the top spots.
  • haha Jay! Yes, pods are the new thing online. Should have explained, sorry. Podcasts are broadcasts designed for iPods. But you don't have to have an iPod to listen, you can go to the website and click the play button. It's the latest thing, like a blog to listen to. You can also get video podcasts though I can't tell the difference between that and YouTube.

Some podcasts are like talk radio, some have music, some are stand up comedy. Mine is a mixture of political comedy, jokes and chat.
  • Is my video clip a podcast? Or are they different?
  • um, possibly. If it can be downloaded onto an iPod then it would be classed as a podcast I think... I dunno. Eh I'm still new to it myself.