Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Review that made my day.

edited June 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I was just feeling so rotten and horrible today, really down in the deep dumps and struggling to climb back up after an awful experience with the OH yesterday.
    I got a copy of Prediction magazine on my way to work purely on impulse (I didn't think it was in the shops yet and only called into the newsagent for a paper) and saw it sitting on the shelves, I sometimes write articles for them, so I thought seeing it was there, I might as well have a look.
    And reading through it, I was surprised in a lovely way to see a really nice review and photo of my book in their book review pages. I felt so much better instantly. It came at just the right time for me. I'm sending them an email to say thank you.
    It's a great review by the way, really shows they read and liked the book.
  • Oh good stuff and congratulations!  I know about those Awful Days, had one with daughter on Friday, ranting and raving over what I thought was nothing but still ... indicative of deep anger, I know that.  What a lovely way of being cheered up!
  • Round-up of reviews

Well done! Why not post more details to the above thread?
  • Well done Moira. It's even better when it's unexpected.
  • It's great to get a boost.  Just the ticket to keep the muse buoyant.  Congrats.
  • That's great Moira - not just getting a good review, but that it arrived unexpectantly at the right moment.
  • Brilliant! Well done Moira, that's great news
  • Great news Moira. Well done.
  • Thats fantastic news, well done.
  • Well done Moira!
  • I saw the magazine in W.H.Smith's today, so I looked up the review. It was very complimentary, well done.
  • Well done Moria!
  • Thanks everyone, glad someone looked it up, thank you Carol.
  • Great news, Moira!
  • Moira, well done... so glad it made your day.  Better still, your book should sell more copies on the strength of that.  Good for you.