Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Going away

Comments

• Hello all!  Going to Scotland for a month for work, so won't be on here for quite some time.  Hope to be back on Talkback end of July, early August.  Take care until then.  Don't misbehave.  No hanky panky!
    (What the heck am I saying?  You're Talkbackers,  behaving badly is what you excel at!)
  • I used to love the Scottish football results. I always hoped there'd be Forfar 4: East Fife 5.

Hope you enjoy the experience. (What on earth are you expected to say to a doctor? Break a leg?) The countryside's lovely, the roads much quieter than down south, but God keeps forgetting to turn the sprinkler off.
  • Enjoy your trip
  • We'll hear from you then MDD, and in the meantime we'll get up to mischief. You know us so well. Take care and don't overdue things.
  • Thinking of you MDD - we will miss you.
  • Avoid haggis!
  • Hey Jay if you ever want any Scottish football results give me a shout. I support Stranraer and for thirty years I did think their full name was Stranraer Nil. Week after week we would hear the results read out, Brechin 2 Stranraer nil, Cowdenbeath 3 Stranraer nil...on and on and on.

Mad Doc.. I hope you have a great time up here in Scotland and (seriously) please do not hesitate to email me if you are in the Galloway region , I will do my best to suggest the best places to visit. If you are around our way in September the Wigtown Book festival is WELL worth visiting. I will chat with Talkbackers about that nearer the time.

And Jenny... whats wrong with Haggis ? We do a very nice vegetarian haggis in Galloway. Haggis hunting season is nearly over though.
  • come back refreshed and bursting with energy!
  • come back refreshed and bursting with energy!
  • Have a great time. Is the work writing related or WORK related? I hope you get time to pop into a library and maybe catch up on the site - we'll miss you.
  • Have a wonderful time MD!
  • Have a great time, MDD.  As an ex-Scot, now living in England, I'm envious.