Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Quite a mind blowing day.

edited June 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Funny how some days can be all or nothing. Today was an 'all' one.  7.20 am had a radio interview with BBC Somerset Sound about my talk at Taunton Library later that morning.  8.50.  Plug on Apple AM the Taunton Hospital Radio. 9.10 phone call from a Wildlife Rescue Centre that's having an open weekend and I've been invited along.  Intend to donate some of my talk fees to the charity. 11.00-12.15 Library Talk organised in conjunction with BBC Breathing Places and Acitve Living. There were some people there in wheelchairs. Delightful audience and stayed chatting for 40 minutes afterwards. Sold four books.  Met Chairman of Apple AM who's keen for me to start a radio pet series.  Got home to find a message from wholesaler of my book asking if I could release 10 copies of the 24 I have left in reserve as Amazon has now sold out. Also they said there'd been a personal request for a copy from a lady I met at the Rolf Harris function last week. She wants a book by Sat - her daughter's a literary agent.  So it's been quite a mind blowing day.  Quite taken the wind out of my 'sales'. Now calm down Malcolm. Calm down.
  • Wow!!!!
  • What an incredible day, MW! I wish you many more like it!
  • Very well done M! I hope this run of luck goes on and on for you!
  • That's all wonderful stuff, MW - well done and many congratulations!
  • It's all happening for you Malcolm - congratulations.
  • A hard day but obviously rewarding, well done, and get that book out asap.
  • Wow, that is a mind blowing day! Congratulations!
  • Well done! Hope you have many more like that.
  • Well done - I'm just starting to realise how well you've done to shift so many copies in hard back so quickly. Get that pb out asap.
  • congratulations. you've obviously worked jolly hard now enjoy those rewards!  well done we are all very proud.
  • Brilliant news. Con-cat-ulations!
  • Many thanks for all your kind responses.  Enough to warm the cockles of my heart.  Very whelk-come. I shell clam up for a bit now.
  • Sounds a bit like 'If it's Tuesday, this must be Belgium'! Well done. Have you got an agent? Or would you need (another) one for paperback sales? If you do need one, I hope the lady's daughter can help.
  • Just putting out feelers for a possible agent.
    Peter James has offered help in finding a publicist should I want to push the paperback.  I think that's really considerate of him bearing in mind what a busy chap he must be. There's an agent going to the Winchester Writers' Conference who has just asked me to send her a copy of my book so that she can read it before we possibly meet up.  So there are irons in the fire.
  • Sounds hopeful MW. If you can get an agent you will probably be able to get some progress on a paperback edition.
  • Very well done M!