Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Jay, can you get Jonathan Harvey to write to me?!

KazKaz
edited June 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Just saw what you said about Jonathan Harvey writing to you - I'm a huge fan. I must've watched Gimme Gimme hundreds of times (I just love that one where Linda's tottering past some scaffolding on the pavement in her heels and all the builders start whistling at the dolly bird behind her and Linda's acting like their doing it for her! That guy is brilliant! I don't watch every Corrie episode, but if I catch the intro and it's one of JH's, well I'll be glued.
  • Just seen this thread. Give me a minute, and I'll see if I can work out how I tracked him down. (I like his Coronation Street episodes, too.)
  • Looks like I wrote to him C/O The Royal National Theatre - in 1999! I've another postcard from him, saying he hasn't enough time to look at something else I must have sent.

You could try to find out if he's appearing somewhere and send something there. Then there's the tried - and failed - route of national television companies, publishers, agents/managers, etc. If you do receive a reply, it's probably not worth sending anything else unless it's obviously welcome - you'd probably be taking advantage. Not really worth chasing something you haven't had a reply to, either. The chances are they can't/won't reply rather than it's all the Royal Mail's fault. (Some people won't read other people's work as they're afraid of claims of plagiarism.)