Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Spread the Word Anthology

edited April 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi All,

Some of you may remember that I attended a series of workshops at the back end of last year, which were run by Spread the Word, a London based writing organisation.

Following the Showcase in January, I have now had the piece that I read on the night (a piece of life writing about the aftermath of the July 7 bombings called "Journal") published in the Write Next Door Anthology.

The Anthology is available through Spread the Word's website, www.spreadtheword.org.uk, or through selected London Bookshops if anyone is interested in buying a copy. Price £5.

And with that publication, this really is the most successful writing year yet for me. And it's only April!!!
  • congratulations!
  • Hi maybe I am being dumb here but I cannot find any mention of the book on the site never mind a way to purchase. Am I looking in the right place?
  • I've looked and I think they're in the process of updating the site.

I'll keep an eye on it and then chase them up if needs be.
  • Congratulations Gary, that's wonderful news! Well done you
  • Great news Gary, well done.
  • I've checked with Spread the Word and they are in the process of making it available through the web. I'll keep checking and update you when it's live.

Thanks for all the congrats.
  • And congratulations from me, too.
  • And me!  I've always enjoyed Spread the Word workshops, although they're hard to get to.
  • Congratulations!
  • Well done
  • Hi All,

The anthology is now available to order through Spread the Word, but the order has to be placed over the phone.

Go to www.spreadtheword.org.uk

Click on Other Projects

Click on Write Next Door, and the click on the Anthology part highlighted in pink. Phone number is listed there.

The anthology is priced £5.

There's also a webcast of the Showcase event, which I haven't downloaded yet, but sounds quite cool.
  • Just an update.

The showcase video is actually up and running now! Got to spread the word's website and there's a link for the Write Next Door project if you scroll down. Click on the link, and there's options for various parts of the project. Click on the showcase link, and the individual links are there.

I can't look for a week or so yet cos my home internet is down and when I tried I got the dread Access Denied! message coming up!