Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

www.wannabewriter.co.uk

edited May 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• This web site is mentioned on page 9 of Writer's News. Has anyone managed to access this as I have tried without success?
  • No, it wouldn't work for me either and I'm not too sure if this is the same site or not but you might try:

http://wannabeawriter.moonfruit.com/

Hope this helps  :)
  • Yes that's it. Thanks. How did you know that?
  • just ordered the book.
  • I've ordered too, I get a lot from her column.
  • I'm psychic.  Nah, not really. After the link wouldn't work, I typed it into Google and it gave me a list of choices to follow. So I looked up a few and hit on the most promising one I could find.  Glad it was a success for you.  :)
  • Is it just me, or are other people put off by the word 'wannabe'?.

I just can't get the idea of X-Factor and Big Brother out of my head.

I think I've spent hundreds, maybe thousands on how to books, and I think I've had my fill.  Actually, I'm going to place them on ebay to try and sell them to raise money for the move to Scotland.
  • Yeah, it reminds me of The Spice Girls song.
    I have loads of 'how to' books too but I do like reading her column and I thought this looked a funny and informative read.
  • Stirling dont sell them on ebay check out www.greenmetropolis.com and Amazon
  • Thanks for that.

Green Metropolis looks really good, I will sell them through them.  My Mam is a member of the Woodland trust, so I can raise some money and help a charity too.
  • The competition looks interesting.

I think they need to update her picture in WM.
  • Stirling also checkout amazon to see what others are selling the same Titles at
  • Have you tried Jane's website at:

http://www.janewenham-jones.com/index.asp

(janewenham into a search engine should do)
  • Thanks ,Marglan. I heard back from Jonathan Telfer of the Writing mag and the web site was missing an 'a'. It should be 'wannabeawriter'
  • There is also a competition on her website for the first chapter of a novel.  I don't think the deadline is until December.