Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My Kinda TV – more fame for me!

edited May 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• More wooting in the Henley-Einion household tonight.

I’ve been quiet about this because I wasn’t definite that it would happen. I was asked to write some short rants for a new TV show website. (Anyone who knows me or reads my blog regularly will know how ranting is my style, lol.) So quite apart from being chuffed to bits about getting a commission out of the blue, I am entering a new world of broadcasting.

The website in question is www.yourkindatv.com and one of my pieces has been included in the pilot show. It’s the last one, about reality TV and how crap it is (begins with ‘If I wanted to see people making arses of themselves, I’d look out of my window.’) View it on my blog. Share it with your friends. Put the word around!

To see more of how I feel about this, see my blog on myspace http://www.myspace.com/josie_henley

Just wanted to let my writer friends know about this. I did ask if it was open to other writers, and they said at the moment no but once they’re established they will be looking for other writers, so I’ll keep you all posted.
  • huge well done! you must be so proud.  what a fine acheivement to have on your cv!  big hugs
  • Yes, well done you.
  • Congratulations Josie - that's excellent news!
  • Congrats Josie!
  • Brilliant news Josie.... keep going!!!
  • Way to go Josie! Well done! xxx
  • Great news Josie, may it be the start of many such things.
  • congratulations!
  • thanks for all the congrats. still wooting.
  • I have three words to say to you...copy and paste.

hahaha

No seriously.  Wonderful news Josie!
  • Panda, you know me too well! I live a copy and paste life. lol
  • Just bumping this up to the top so I can let more people know. I know, blatant self-promotion but I'm still wooting about it!
  • I know I’ve bragged a lot about this already (lol) but just had word today that they’ve put another article of mine on this TV show. I looked at the site briefly but haven’t been able to watch it properly yet (I’m at work). But can see from the front image that it’s the Stonehenge one. They change the videos every day or so, but tonight I’ll make a link in my blog again so it’ll stay there for posterity.
  • Plus – it was a bit longer than the others so I don’t know whether they’ve cut it down or not, but the byline of ‘Stonehenge, is it sh*t?’ is a little worrying!
  • I like your comment... that sounds about right.  Yet try and get away from reality TV at the moment and you have a hard job.  Hmph!