Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Print on Demand

edited May 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I have just had my first novel, Alby And Me, published by Exposure (Diggory Press), having previously had a poetry book, Life Lines, published by Lulu. Both proved pretty efficient. Lulu has a well developed community set-up to provide back-up to its subscribers and instant access to on-line help. Diggory Press, on the other hand, has a fairly smooth system with a personal adviser to guide you through the various steps. Both publishers provide a reasonably priced launch package (ISBN number, listing with on-line retailers etc) and a professional looking end product. Overall costs are probably not too dissimilar, depending on which services you opt for. The best plan is to study their websites and decide which looks likely to best meet your requirements.
  • http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alby-Me-John-C-Bird/dp/1846856515/ref=sr_1_1/026-1124483-5742827?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180525804&sr=1-1

Best of luck with it! Have you sent it to anyone for a review?
  • I'm not into POD but wish you well with it.
  • Hope this goes well.
  • Me too Dorothy.

Four years ago I was all for it, but after weighing up the pros and cons of 'self-publishing' POD I didn't like the odds.

At the moment I have gone right off the idea of self-publishing.  I really want a agent or/and (even both) a publisher.  Although I would consider an independent publisher that used the technology.

Good luck anyway.
  • Don't look while I slip off the dress and put on my jeans ...
  • Eh voila! C'est moi, Jay!