Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

A sad loss

edited May 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Eugene Fox, a member of Dunlewey Muses writing group has passed on. Eugene was 94 and a member of several classes including computers ,  a reading group and Dunlewey Creative writing group. A photo of Eugene and an example of his writing can be found on the class blog at www.dunleweymuses.blogspot.com 

Eugene will be missed at the classes but his happy and gentle spirit will touch each of us who got to know him.
  • As long as there are people to remember him, Mr D, he hasn't gone from your lives. It was really nice to read your tribute to him.
  • He has gone but his friendship and his words will always be remembered by those he knew him.
  • Thank you Dorothy, I knew you would respond. I am glad you are here .
  • Thanks Carol you are the other person that can be depended on . Thanks for getting in touch.
  • what a lovely thing to say about someone! he must have meant a lot to you all.  so sorry you are feeling his loss.  thinking of you.
  • This is a good place for a tribute to a writer. Eugene would have appreciated it.
  • Thank you Amanda and Jenny for taking the time to leave apost.
  • You know how it's always the good ones that die young? Eugene got to hang around for a bit longer. May he rest in peace.
  • Eugene sounds like one of those blokes that people around him were extremely fortunate to have known.  He leaves his own legacy... and you know that.  My thoughts are with your group.  TTxx 
  • I don't know if your group has the facility, but when one of our members dies we have a short obituary notice, with a short piece by another member who knew them well,or to whom they gave help or inspiration, and where possible a piece of the deceased's work- in our club magazine.
    As a copy of the magazine is sent to the local studies library and stored, they will always be remembered.
  • What a nice thought Carol. I can use "Front Page " to produce one. Thanks for that.