Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Talking Books

edited May 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi folks.  Did a 'Coffee Morning' chat on Ridgeway Radio - the service for Dorchester Hospital yesterday.  I was then asked whether I'd be prepared to serialize my book for the West Dorset Talking News which is taped for the blind in that area. And could I do a test chapter reading there and then to see whether it would be suitable.( And no doubt to see whether I could read it in an entertaining way).  Ouch. First time I'd ever read anything out loud fron Pets in Prospect.It felt really strange to do it.  The result?  Great enthusiasm from the producer. I was really bowled over.  And I'm now going to go in fortnightly to record a couple of chapters at a time.  It's a good feeling to be doing something for the local community and hopefully providing some entertainment in the process.
  • Congratulations! It`ll be serialised on TV before you can say "All Creatures...."!
  • That's wonderful MW, the talking books service is not supported enough these days.
    I'm sure it will be very popular.
  • even more good service going on here, and publicity for you!  Brilliant stuff!
  • Wow, congratulations MW!
  • That's great MW! I'm sure your talking book will be a great success, well done.
  • That's great MW! I'm sure your talking book will be a great success, well done.
  • Well done!
  • Good for you!  Solid stuff and we also have visitors to the library who can't read or write and rely massively on talking books for their entertainment.  I have a few customers in mind for yours.
  • Congratulations! Well done!