Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's on Myspace?

edited February 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi folks..or should that be guys?
    Just wondering how many Talkbackers are on Myspace.  I put myself on last Nov but have only just recently started to blog a bit more. Prompted by that £70,000 a blogger recently got for her entries. It would be nice if some of you could come aboard as my friends - should you want to of course.  Esp if you've got a pic. I've just put one on of me and Arthur Rex taken by my daughter.
    Hope to see you on wwww.myspace.com/mwman.
    Cheers.
    Malcolm
  • Meeeee I’m at www.myspace.com/josie_henley I’ve just ‘friended’ you. Love your story about being interviewed by Farm Radio – definite pat on the back for that one. The doggie is lovely, a corgie?
  • I've been on MySpace for a while. Anyone want to become mutual friends, assuming I can work out what to do?
  • I have more or less just joined by accident, at least found it by chance but I am looking for a way to introduce myself but cannot find a slot to just say hello, this is I, Fiona Johnston hailing from Swingleton Green in Suffolk
  • Hi, Fiona. Welcome to Talkback. There seems to be a glitch here - are you logged on as someone else? If so, log off and log on again.
  • http://www.myspace.com/macarbemaiden

This one is the evidence why I'm morbidmaiden..hehe!

http://www.myspace.com/astrangerinthefamily

This is my book page...needs updating!
  • Hi Jay and Fiona. I'll try and link up with you. Likewise please feel free to jump on my site as part of my group of 'friends'.  Josie's already on board. It will give me more incentive to up-date my blog which I've seriously failed to do until yesterday. 
  • Can someone talk me through this, please? How do I invite you? How do you invite me? Do I have to know your e-mail address? I find MySpace confusing (you might have gathered that).
  • Hi, Annie. It's probably our publishers who've suggested MySpace would help our sales!
  • Sorry, Annie, you've lost me already. I can't find Messenger.
  • Jay all you need to do is visit the persons profile page. Once there look for the Contact box. You'll see there is a Add To Friends link under the send message one. Click it and it sends a friend request. Once the other person has it they simply click approve and that is it, you both appear on each other's friends list.
  • Thanks, Tony. I'll have a bash (is that OK?) at it when I'm more awake.
  • Hi,I'm on MySpace, www.myspace.com/suetobin. I welcome anyone on here to be my friend. It's a good site, but I tend to spend too much time on there!
  • Oh no not the I'll have a bash again. LOL
  • I'm on myspace but my page is so stupid and useless that I will not put my address here. I do like the way some people are using it for blogging and promotion though. I had never thought of that.
  • I definatly wanted to use MySpace and Bebo. However all of my kids told me they would emigrate if I did. I did offer to include them on my page as "my friends" so their friends could then read it too (I was winding them up). The reaction was absolutely hilarious. Although a parents duty is to embarrass their kids I have so far been easy on them and not set up MySpace. What do you think? Be a good Dad and please the kids or.....................  *S*
  • Tony, you'll have to treat me as (a) computer illiterate/idiot. I tried to send a friend request to Malcolm, but I couldn't seem to find the right things, so I think I've just send him an e-mail. When I went onto the webpage Sue mentioned, I couldn't find her profile/contact box at all. Help!
  • Jay go to his profile page (the address he posted) an look underneath his photograph. There you will see a Contacting Malcolm box. There are eight options. The first is send email, which you may have clicked, underneath that it is Add To Friends.

Click that and it will take you to a confirm add page. Click Add to Friends and Malcolm will receive your request. Once he opens his messages he will see it and click accept. Then you will be on his list and he on yours.

Hope that helps Jay.
  • Thanks, Tony. It's worked with Malcolm, but Sue and Morbid Maiden seem to have customised pages, and I can't find their contact boxes. And the only Josie I can find is a straight Australian!
  • Jay there is another option. Ask Sue, MM and Josie to visit your page and they can add you as their friend. As you are having a little difficulty with it I'm sure they would be happy to do so.
  • I'm at www.myspace.com/josie_henley in case anyone was searching for me. Jay emailed me as well and I sent him a reply similar to the above, and my myspace address. I've just had an email to say 'Jay wants to be your friend' so I hope it's the same Jay. (I get loads of friends requests from some truly bizarre people, what does that say about my profile?) I'll check when I get home.
  • http://www1.myspace.com/reloc.cfm?c=2&id=8A18CF15-E848-48F3-8D7B-67F41D9D9B8F

Click on that link and you get my invite to Myspace.

Otherwise: www.myspace.com/tessatangent.
    Mine's been very experimental so far.  Don't worry, Jay!  I haven't even invited people yet as I was simply playing around with a blog of sorts. 
  • Hi Jay, I now have you added as a friend on MySpace and sent you a message. Although my page is customised everything is still in the same place. If you wished to send me a message, then the 'Mail' link is just under my photo or just click reply on the message I've sent you. I now have two Talkback friends on MySpace, Jay and Josie.

I haven't spent much time on Talkback lately although I have popped in to have a look every now and again. I've been busy working on my book, editing it again. I was hoping to get it done by the end of this month, but don't know if I shall.

We're in the process of packing up, selling our flat and going to live on our boat in The Netherlands for a year or two, so there's a lot to think about right now.

Anyway, I shall still be online when I move as I refused to go without my computer, so I'll still be on MySpace and Talkback.
  • Howdy all. We're new at the game but started one up at the beginning of April. It took us until midway through the month to get back to it and post anything and since then we haven't had too much time to spend updating - so we haven't. But if I know you'll join in, I'll make a concerted effort to update the postings. You can find me and the uvver arf at: http://www.myspace.com/islanddreamers
    so pop in and say Hi. (Now you can tell me if you think my husband really DOES look like Mr.Bean. Shhhh, don't tell HIM, though.)
  • Well, Mr. Bean and Paul (my Bloke) suddenly have the most staggering things in common.  For a start, the haircut!
  • Um, this might be a silly question but who the heck is Tom? He 'appeared' as a friend on my Myspace out of the blue one day and I notice he's popped up on a few other people's sites as well. Is he a fake friend that Myspace 'give' you if you don't seem to have anyone else or does he just like latching on to as many blog spots as he can? 

Good theme for a story: "The case of the friend you're having when you're not having a friend."

Tom appeared out of the blue one day. Just walked right up, putting his arm around me like he'd never been away. That was the wonder of Tom. The only doubts I could possibly have ever entertained about this warm, trusting man with the friendly disposition and happy demeanour was the fact that I didn't actually know who he was...
  • I'm just getting the hang of it, too, IG.  But I gather Tom is the kind of manager/example on myspace.  He's one of my previous whole two friends!  Gotta laugh.  Mind you, I hadn't mentioned it to anyone at that point.  I think he crops up from time to time with info about the site.  Correct me if I'm mistaken, anyone!
  • Hi to Sue and Josie. I think some other people may have done blogs. What do we do next? Send each other messages? Read each other's blogs? What should we put in the blogs? Can we automatically read each other's blogs? Is it just me who finds MySpace not very user-friendly?
  • Take comfort.  You are not alone, Jay.  Love from the Luddite x.
  • I'm having the same expeience Jay. Either that or my neurons need oiling.
  • we can subscribe to each others' blogs and then we get a message to say when a new one has been posted. we can comment on each others' profiles and blogs. I've put comments on yours.

Yes, Tom is like a moderator and help person. I've been to his profile and he's got a lot of funny comments from people saying things like 'hey Tom are you real?'
  • Hi, Josie. I'd love to see your comments, but I can't find them! Apologies to anyone else who's waiting for a reply - it's probably just that I haven't found what you've put &/or don't know how to answer you. MySpace isn't run by Bill Gates, is it?
  • Josie and Sue - hi! Like British Rail once said, We're gettting there.
  • But maybe they spelt it with just two ts.
  • Jay, when you're logged in, click 'view profile' and you'll be able to see your own profile as other people see it. Then scroll down to just under your friends. That's where the comments usually are. If someone makes a comment on a blog post, then it's under the blog. I've just looked at your profile and you've got two comments, one from me and one from Sue. Hope that helps!
  • A belated explanation for JayMandal (29/04/2007 16:23:31).

Woll22 is the latest username of our dear Fiona Johnston. The longest standing member of this happy clan who made her entrance at the birth of Talkback and has weathered its formative development.
    The good lady is an example to us all of how to selectively ignore threads which taunt, therefore avoiding offence and thoughts of losing contact, support and camaraderie.

I saw this thread in my recent hours of catch-up. After yesterday's episode, it seemed worthwhile bringing this fact to the fore.
  • IG, I got the message "This profile no longer exists" when I clicked on it to make you my friend.
  • IG - your picture now appears on My Friends. Don't ask me what I'm doing!
  • If I'm your friend, but you don't appear to be mine - or vice versa - just tell me via Talkback/e-mail what I should be doing.

If I haven't commented on some amazing news of yours, just tell me where/how to look.

And how is all this going to sell our books? Should I be blogging somewhere? What do I say/write?

Or should I simply concede that the technology is beyond me!
  • hello!!!!

im on MySpace too!!! www.myspace.com/reef_neef. dont go on it as much anymore, but sitll use it occasionally. all my friends have moved on with the crowds to Facebook :S.

xxx
  • What an entertaining and instructive thread - I think! I hope you all manage to make friends with loads of people, including Tom who sounds like a very sympathetic person, even if he is virtual!!

(This probably sounds as though I have no idea what you're all talking about - which of course I don't!)
  • Jenny, I think I'm beginning to know you too well to be fooled by your last post!

P.S. I sincerely hope it isn't your Last Post.
  • Hi, Jenn. You're gonna have to talk me through this one. I've just woken up but my mind's still back on the sofa, and my eyes aren't focusing properly (looked like it said you were 10 years old). Loved the music and what I saw, but couldn't see/work out what I was supposed to press/do. Some of the time, the cursor was showing an egg-timer as if it wasn't ready to do anything. Know how it feels.
  • Terrific to see you on my site too, Jay. I (seriously) know as much about the whole concept as you. I am battling through the process, as are you so hopefully we will learn together. ;)
  • Jay - Thanks for your confidence! Somewhat misplaced but nice to read!
  • hi jay!!

apologies for my page :P. i only created it really to keep in contact with my friends, which has slowly deteriorated. i guess i should make it more user friendly, but it was such a palava (spelling?)last time that i cant face it. tbh i cant rememebr what ive done, so i will have another look when i get home from work (MySpace is blocked in the library :S) then create your User-Friendly guide.

xxx
  • hi jay!!!

FINALLY got round to it. ok basically, the question mark is my general page cursor. the egg-timer is for clicking on links, and the link also shift to the right. pictures go all fuzzy when you go to click on them. anything else you find difficult let me know!!!
  • btw peeps, if youve put your myspace addy on this thread ive just all added you as my friendies!!!
  • I'll try and work out how to use this, looks like fun! And Island Girl, I don't think he looks like Mr Bean - definitely not weasel-like!

I've been tempted to get a blog for years but usually just email my escapades to my friends. Now is the time to get with the 21st Century...