Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Interview with Sarah Parestsky in online Times books

edited May 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• If you are female and write crime you will find this interesting, if you write anything it is worth looking at.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/crime/article1808078.ece
  • Thanks Carol.

Actually on my way out to get the hard copy.
  • Carol I am surprised at you, a terrible sexist thing to say, I am deeply wounded.

The last time I looked I was still a male and I enjoyed the article. Now I am worried in case I am not a real male as I enjoyed reading about female authors, I also think some female authors look quite sexy. Help me with my lack of direction here.
  • It was all that talk of frilly shirts and kinky boots wasn't it?.
  • Sorry MrD no slur on your manhood or writing intended.
    Bad phrasing late at night!
    I read the article and found it midly interesting, but thought that other female crime writers would identify with it more,more so  than others not writing in the genre.
  • I know Carol, only kidding
  • At least I don't make these mistakes all the time!!
    But I have to say the interview was interesting overall.
    I thought her comment about publishers wanting blockbusters, rather than supporting new writers was telling- it is accepted as a fact by even published writers (something the rest of us have known for a long time.)