Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Future literary lions- according to Waterstones

edited May 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/article1801013.ece

From the Times online, an article and list of the writers who Waterstones consider to be future literary lions of writing.
    And not a Talkbacker among them...shame!
  • we have to keep trying, is all!
  • Well if Jasper Fforde received 76 rejection slips before his book was accepted who knows.
  • I saw the photo in the Independent today. 

I disagree, do the literary writers really hold that much sway in the industry?.  I actually believe the power lies in the mass market writers like JK Rowling.

Anyway, if they are so big, why have I only heard of two, and read none of them?.
  • Thank goodness for that Stirling, I have read and know of one and thats it.  And having read Jasper I have to say if he can get 76 rejections there is hope for me yet!!!
  • Interesting. I recognised a lot of the names but also had only read one of them, Susanna Clarke.  Not sure of the significance of that, maybe i'm not as well read as I thought.  Then again most of the books i've read in the last couple of years have been by American authors.

Philip Roth rocks!

Rich