Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Excitement

edited May 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I've just had a short story accepted for publication from Bon Marche Magazine and am excited because, although I've had a few small articles and some poetry accepted in the past, this is the first short story I've sold. Just wanted to share my good news with you all.
  • Congratulations Sooz48 and well done! What a terrific feeling that must be.

ps. What does Bon Marche, mean? Obviously it's French for good something. It's just that there's a supermarket in Vanuatu called Au Bon Marche and I've often wondered...

Once again, good on you. :-D
  • Fantastic news! May it be the first of many sales!
  • Thanks IG. Bon Marche is a clothes store here in the UK and they also produce their own magazine. As far as I know it means Good Market. I used to work there once and the customers were always asking what it meant, so that's what I used to tell them. Whether I was right or not I'm not really sure!
  • Congratulations Sooz. Bon March
  • Congratulations!  Remember what you did right!
  • Congratulations Sooz! I'm delighted for you.

(Thanks for the review... I assume it was you.)
  • Thanks everyone. Yes Howard, it was me. I enjoyed reading your chapters very much. Looks like you could stay in the top 5 and get a critique. I do hope so, you deserve to do well.
  • Well done.
  • Ditto.
  • Well done Sooz!
  • Nice one, as they say in these parts.
  • Well done Sooz.
  • Well done!