Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Websites

ZoeZoe
edited May 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• A publisher recently told me that I should have a website. First of all it would help me to promote my work and secondly if (I prefer the word when) the big break comes I'll be ready.
    I know a lot of you have websites so I would like to know if they have been of benefit to you in your writing career. Also what would you advice that I put on there. If I wanted to put on stories/articles that I have had published in the past are there any restrictions?
  • Published items - check original conditions to make sure OK to publish again; and mention where/when originally published.

Website - mine might give you a few ideas

http://www.bewrite.net/authors/jay_mandal.htm

(there's a video clip on 'All About Sex' - don't worry, it's romantic, not raunchy!).
  • I think it would depend if you sold your electronic rights to the publisher.
  • My website gets a lot of traffic and has led to some work, although it was set up mainly for fun. You're welcome to take a look at it: www.maggiecobbett.co.uk
  • I'll certainly take a look at your websites for inspiration.
    I sold the first British/Australian serial rights only, there was no mention of serial rights.
    Thanks for the warning Jay.
  • I forgot to type the word electronic before serial rights in my last reply. Sorry