Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Small successes

edited May 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Two small things for me to feel triumphant about this week. First of all, I've had my first short story accepted by Scribble. Considering that I consider Scribble pretty much the best cross-genre short story magazine out there, I'm rather chuffed.

To add to the ego, I've also just been alerted to a review published in the Royal Society of Chemistry journal, Chemistry World, of a book published last year to which I contributed a hefty chapter. They particularly singled out my chapter, calling it "masterly", and adding "Because of the intricacies involved and the lack of other good resources, this chapter is especially valuable." So I can now be said to have written a definitive review article! :)
  • Congratulations - twice over! Brilliant stuff Amboline, well done!
  • Well done Amboline, a double success.
  • congrats. I've heard of Scribble but never seen it. Do they have a website?
  • well done you! That is SO good!
  • Excellent, Amboline. Well done. I know Scribble. For those who don't here's the link:
    http://www.parkpublications.co.uk/scribble.htm
  • Well done Amboline!
  • Well done Amboline! May there be many more successes in the future.
  • Hurrah, Amboline, and keep it going...
  • Congratulations and well done!
  • Well done Amboline and thanks for the link Neil.
  • Great stuff.  You're becoming multi-genred.
  • Well done you. Keep on submitting and getting your work out there.
    Excuse my ignorance - what is Scribble?
  • Well done, don't know many poet scientists. Just curious, are you left-handed or ambidextrous?
  • Well done! (I'm not sure if I'm left-handed or ambidextrous - I play tennis - badly - right-handed.)