Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Meet the Author Event

edited May 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Alison Baverstock's books are to be recommended for writers esp her tips on how to get published.  She's giving a talk on the topic at Kingston Grammar School on the 17th May at 7.30.   Details from Julie Read on 020 8785 0475 or via [email protected]
  • She's really good.  I have two of her books: An Author's Guide To Marketing Your Book and Do You Have A Book In You?.  Two books every writer should have (only if you want to be published of course).

Unfortunately, I'm located in the wrong part of the country.
  • I agree, Stirling.  The book you mention is a must for anyone trying to get published.  It will help you maximise your chances of getting that acceptance letter.  And she's a very genuine lady.  Gave me a few helpful hints by e-mail when I was initially pushing my book 'Pets in Prospect'.
  • Is that Kingston-upon-Thames or another one somewhere?
  • It's Kingston-on-Thames. Alison's doing it for the school in aid of her son, Jack's hockey tour next year.
    Actually while I'm here, I suppose I ought to plug my library talk at Nether Stowey in north Somerset next Wednesday 16th May 7.30. Tickets via 01278 732741. Pre-booking required. It's part of the Quantock Hills Area monthly activites. I've been invited to talk about my life with animals and how I came to write my book.  They sound a friendly crowd. So anyone in the Bridgewater/Bristol area who's interested, do come along.