Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What would you think this is

edited May 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• I'm trying to get back into writing short stories after not doing any for at least a year- yes I've got rusty.
    So I'm doing one of the club competitions-entries are always needed- and I have this opening line, my two characters and this plastic tub of some sort of gloop (my image of the contents are ribena purple, bubbling and gelatinous.) And a brief description of the person who left the substance behind.
    It turns out to be quite innocent in the end, but I just can't think what it could be used for.
    Any suggestions?
  • Anti-aging serum - removes wrinkles but the wearer gradually turns more purple the younger they look
  • It is the fermenting mash that will beome poteen. Send me a bottle
  • what is the first line?
  • Cleaning silver (a bane for everone's life).
  • The middle from a gel pillow.
    A child's science project.
    A jelly that didn't set.
    Home made liquid fertilizer.
  • The other character, i.e. not the first or main person, constantly sends away for things from those catalogues in the Sunday papers.  It's to do with that.  What it is is up to you.
  • Great ideas, I love the catalogue idea, I really could work with that.
    The first line- already given so must be used- is 'Oh my God! What the hell is that...'
  • I went away and started thinking while I dished up dinner, and I thought about cleaning gunge and a little device I saw in M&S the other day. It suddenly came together, and I know exactly who my characters are now. I can even see them.
    Thanks for the inspiration TT, although IG's suggestions were in the running too, until the bits connected up.