Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Part 1 of 3

edited May 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• My new article on the congestion charging issue is online. Part 1 is a look at what's been done to deal with congestion in Nottingham, but hopefully will have relevence to other parts of the country.
    The photo, taken by hubby, is the main road leading south out of Nottingham. And is a typical view every weekday from four o'clock onward.

http://www.lifestyle.nottinghamshiretimes.co.uk/
  • I liked the article but I doubt you want more comment on this from someone suffering in Sarf London.  Looking at the photo, you even appear to have a lane with several yards of gap, Carol.  We're bumper to bumper here at that time of the day.
  • All knowledge is useful TT.
    The lane on the right of the cars (as you look at it) actually feeds into that lane of traffic, finishing just beyond the camera view. If cars stay in that side lane until they have to join the main flow, then they are stuck as some  drivers won't let them get in, so they join the main queue at the first opportunity- hence the space.