Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

More successes

edited April 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• For anyone who might be in Mensa, the May magazine arrived this morning and I'm on page 13. A photo of me reading my book at Waterstones, plus the article was written by someone who'd obviously read the story itself rather than simply churning out the press release. I quote:

Josie's contribution, the detail of a previous time is contrasted beautifully to the attitude of today's young people working in the nursing home.

I'm so happy, did a little dance around the living room. This comes on top of hearing last night that I'm going to be the 'featured writer' on another writers' website for May. It looks like May is going to be my month. I hope that continues for long enough to get my PhD place, my interview is May 2nd.
  • Well done, and best of luck!
  • Well done, and good luck on the 2nd.
  • Good to hear your current glad tidings Josie.  The ripples of publicity spread out.
  • Congrats on the success,Tell us/me which other writers site?
  • Congratulations and good luck on 2nd!
  • many congratulations and every good wish for the 2nd!
  • Well done, Josie. Looks like your lucky month.
  • Congratulations, Josie.  Great stuff.  Fingers crossed for May 2nd.
  • Well done from me too!
  • thanks all for the congrats. I'm going to scan in the cutting and put it on my blog, along with a link to my 'featured writer' thing.
  • Josie; '7 Days' arrived from Amazon yesterday so I read your story today. I think it's a remarkable piece of writing. I recommend it to all Talkbackers.
  • Well done Josie!
  • Great news Josie, well done! And the very best of luck for your interview on Wednesday.
  • hey great Howard, thanks for saying you like it! I hope you like the other stories as well, there's a variety of them in there. I saw on the other thread that you've uploaded your stories to youwriteon. I'll look out for them.
  • clippings now uploaded at http://www.josiehenley.net/clippings.html

Can you tell I'm chuffed? ;->
  • Excellent Josie. And so you should be chuffed.
  • Fingers crossed for the interview today, JH!
  • thanks Howard. I'm waiting to go now...
  • Hey Josie, well done. A good start to the month :-)
  • Brainy bugger!
  • well I'm back home from the interview. It seemed to go well, but you never can tell with these things and I did waffle rather a lot. I've got to wait in this afternoon for a new washing machine delivery 'any time between 12 and 7' which no doubt means I'll get it at 7.30 but if I so much as pop to the park with the dog then it'll arrive when I'm gone. So I've already walked the dog and now I'm twiddling my thumbs.

Will probably mow the lawn, do housework, that sort of thing. Or maybe just stay online all afternoon, lol. I can't settle to writing which I was hoping I'd be able to do, because I've still got the nervous energy from the interview. Plus they may ring at any minute, gah! Probably best to get the waiting done both done on the same day, I'd be very frustrated if I had today waiting to hear about the PhD and tomorrow waiting for the damn washing machine. lol.

So anyway.... well they said they may not ring today, but tomorrow. oh gods
  • Stop fretting, you did your best, it's up to them, and of course depends on if they want to get home early!
  • ha Carol, indeed. Well I've mowed the lawn and I got halfway through trimming the hedge before the battery-pack ran out. So I've put it back onto charge and I'm doing a bit of non-work online while I'm waiting. Amazing what things you can find to distract yourself. That hedge has been desperate for a trim all spring. The washing machine still hasn't arrived.

By the way, did I mention that I'm featured writer on Writers Beat? The website is www.writersbeat.com, scroll down to the bottom of the front page and there I am in the featured writer box. I'll be there for the whole of May. It was great to see it this morning just before setting out for my interview.
  • Well done, josie, for the recent successes.  Haven't looked at Writersbeat yet but will do.  You need all day to check out your internet stuff!

I'm with you on the interview... thinking of you on your result and I'll be stunned if you're not accepted.  In fact, that scenario doesn't seem likely.  Nytol helps for a good night's sleep if they don't call today.  I hope they do; the hedge will be a few bald stalks shooting from the ground at this rate.
  • waiting on the Good News which is sure to come ...!
  • yes TT the hedge does have a few bald patches, lol. It's quite therapeutic really if you've got an electric trimmer. I just let rip!

I haven't had the phonecall yet, but it may come tomorrow. Nail biting time now. But the good news is the washing machine did arrive and that's doing its first load. So it hasn't been a wasted day even if I don't get the PhD place.
  • Sorry but hang on, there.  Washing machine or PhD place?  Hmmm.  I know what I'd fancy.
  • haha TT. Hard choice to make...
  • Yes, so* the washing!
  • Congrats on Writers Beat. Fingers crossed!
  • Mucho congratsio. Er...that means good on ya, Cobber. (I think)
  • I still haven't heard. gaaaah I'm in bits. Pulling it apart in my head - I should have said more about my research, I should have been less waffling. My hedge is trimmed virtually to the ground. I filled the green bin plus four bin bags with trimmings. I did two loads of washing and didn't do a jot of writing last night.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee