Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Pets in Prospect? Mmm....Arthur-Rex does it again.

edited April 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi.  My terrier, Arthur-Rex, has just walked in to the room as I'm typing this looking very self-satisfied. I can almost hear him saying'Got one up on you now.'  The reason?  Today he's had a 3/4 page spread in the local paper with his pic. all about what he's been up to.  Me?  Very much in the background.  The feature was so funny it made my wife laugh until tears were rolling down her face. The reporter is now hoping he can get into the national press.  As he says Arthur-Rex is wanting to oust Lassie and Blue Peter's Shep in the popularity stakes.  Down boy. Down. Paw me.
  • haha MW, well done A-R but give your poor owner a bone!
  • that is good! I like it when our Animal Other Halves take over!
  • Congrats to him but what the heck is he?  He looks like half corgi and half Jack Russel (ha ha, as if I know!) but you could perhaps tell us.
  • What kind of terrier?
  • He's a terrier we rescued from Tobago three years ago.  We call him a Tobagan terrier - he's half chihuahua ( I think -though several people have commented on the corgi-like appearance)and half island mongrel. The latter dogs are all tan with a thick curly tail. Arthur-Rex is quite smart in that all his markings are symmetrical. Better not let him read this as it will really go to his head.
  • Hmm MW ...

You admit that Arthur Rex is smart. You admit he's been the subject of a press interview and given a large amount of column space.

Be honest - is the real author of your book .... Arthur Rex???!!!
  • The unplatable truth is that Arthur-Rex would  have made a dog's dinner of it if left just to him. But I still have a bone to pick with him over how he's walked all over me and taken the lead.
  • Congratulations to you and Arthur Rex!
  • Please give Arthur-Rex a role in the next book.  The first is a great read - make it even better with A-R as vet's main pet.
  • Hey TT I honestly hadn't thought of doing that.  But what a great idea. It would be easy to incorporate him as a running thread through the book.  And give me scope for other 'leads'.  Thanks.
  • Good.  And keep the sisters dithering about your hurrying ways!