Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Harrogate - who on Talkback is coming?

edited April 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• As it's exactly a calendar month away, I thought I'd make a thread to collect names of Talkback members who are attending Harrogate 3rd May awards' ceremony. Then we can look for each other when we get there!

Hands up please!

Helena
  • PS and what category did you win?

Me: self published, non-fiction.
  • Butterfly and me are coming - anyone else?
  • Hi Helena,

I'm going to be there next month! I won the Email short story competition in Writers' News, so it was a subscribers only one. I've not been on Talkback for awhile, so haven't responded to much. Look forward to meeting you.
  • I look forward to meeting you Helen!
  • According to Butterfly's profile on her blog, she is 251 years old. I am very much looking forward to meeting someone who is as old as I feel (some days).

After Harrogate my b/f and I are going off to the Peak District for two days/nights.

Helena
  • Hmmmmm.....251 years old!!!!! I'll have to check that out. I'm not that old, honest....or at least I don't think I am. I'm looking forward to meeting you all, if I can pick up my wrinkles and carry them into the building with me!
    I'll go and check that one out. I think someone must have been playing with my site again!! I do hate that. See you all soon.
  • I've decided that I like being 251 so I'm keeping it like that. At least I'll have a talking point to start conversations or end them...hmmm. However I have changed my password so I hope nothing else will change.
  • I'll be there. I managed to win the 'Last Line' competition for the second year running (so there doesn't appear to be any problem about winning the same prize twice, Helena).
    My wife and I are making a short holiday of it - it's a long way to come from Cornwall just for the day, and it is lovely to get a chance to visit the dales.
    My first time on Talkback, though. I'm wondering how people manage not to get addicted - there seems such a lot going on here. When do you all get time to write?
  • Good to meet you! My winning book was printed in Cornwall. Nice to see someone coming even further than me.
  • Glad you've come to join us richt and that we'll meet up with you in Harrogate. See you there.
  • Yes, look forward to meeting you, Richt. 

Butterfly - 251 years old sounds like a great age!! you must let us in on your secret! :o)
  • If I have more wrinkles than Butterfly I will be really cross as I am 102 years younger than her.
  • eeek!

I mean 202 years! (I think)
  • Now I'm confused!! It doesn't take a lot. Between you and me, I do have one or two wrinkles, we can have a wrinkle counting contest! Hee hee.
  • The best cure for facial wrinkles is to be really fat!
  • Okay, I've just done my final checks for the prize giving. Hotel checks that is. I've found out that I can get an early check-in for £20 which I've booked reluctantly, but as we are travelling for quite a while it will be nice to freshen up before we meet you all. I've got to give the wrinkles the treatment, don't you know! I've also discovered that we have to pay for parking - even as a resident of the hotel!! But I've received an email saying it will be £6 for the day and night inclusive. My car is going for its MOT tomorrow, I only hope it passes.
    I'm looking forward to meeting you all. I've been asked to do a reading of the end of my story. I believe a few people have, are you one of them?
  • Good luck with everything Butterfly. Have fun.