Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Article published...

edited April 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Well, I’m cheered up! In the post this morning, three copies of The Self Publishing magazine, in which was the article I had sent to them three months or so ago!! A double page spread. A few more high points include selling two books, my first book ‘Sticks and Stones’ at a disability awareness day. I’d only bought the two along, not expecting to sell any and they both went within the first five minutes!! I received a rejection for a care home job I’d applied for, but covertly that might mean that it isn’t the sort of place I ought to be working in. I have a poetry reading tomorrow and booking my tattoo in Friday…other than not feeling ‘creative’ enough for my liking and not seeing enough of my boyfriend its turning out to be an okay week.
  • Good for you MM - perhaps this quiet patch is to allow you time to properly enjoy the fruits of your labours.
  • Congratulations on all going well for you, MM.
    Go easy with yourself and use the 'lulls' to recharge the energies for the next onslaught!
  • Congratulations on the article, and enjoy the lull.
  • Well done. But are you really having a tattoo done?
  • Yes Jay. I've been pondering over it for two years if not more, and now I feel really is the time. I'm really excited!!
  • Well done - great news
  • Great stuff.  And what kind of tattoo?
  • Conragts.  And yes come on..what sort of tattoo...? That's more to the point providing it doesn't needle you.
  • Ahhh! Now this is where my creativity has come back! It is going to be the logo of my favourite band Mortiis, it

http://www.truemetal.org/metalwallpaper/images/keiseravendimension.jpg

who I met last week!! I've adored the music and the music Mortiis has made as a solo artist for many years and the logo is not only representative of their music, but how it managed me to cope with some really bad times in my life. Moreover, it represents the time spent battling my demons and how I beat them. Around the symbol, I'm having little flying bats! Represent flying to freedom and what I am...a goth. Hehe. BTW its only the part around the picture that I am having.
  • And where, may I ask, are these bats going to be flitting on your body MM?
  • MW, you sound like a concerned parent! Go on MM, where?!
  • By the way, congratulations MM!
  • I haven't decided as yet...going to chat with the designer...either on my left forearm or shoulder...
  • Well done MM. Does the article have a weblink?

I hope you hit an acceptance streak.