Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The publicity pedals on.

edited April 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi folks.  Just an up-date on the publicity drive for 'Pets in Prospect' for those that are not too tired of hearing about it. And I have kept quiet for a few weeks.  Arthur-Rex, my terrier who appears on the back cover of the book,  got a VIP all expenses paid overnight stay at Down Hall Country House Hotel in Bishops Stortford last week. This hotel was awarded the Pet Friendly Hotel of the Year by the AA out of 700 hotels. He was presented with his own bowl full of doggie treats.  We had a garden room with direct access to 110 acres of garden and woodland. Breakfast in our room with a selection of seven mini cheeses - Arthur-Rex loves cheese.  As a result of that visit he's now going to feature in a big spread in the local paper tomorrow.
    Book-wise,the first print has run out of stock. Interest is being shown for the rights by Japan, China and Brazil.  The large-print edition comes out on 7th September.  Still looking for a taker for the UK paperback rights. That would really send me into orbit.  Good thing I hear some of you say  <g>. Have a WI audition today.  Good test of whether I can ride through a talk without getting a little horse. Groan..sorry...must keep taking the tablets.
  • Saw a poster advertising you in Waterstones in Wells a couple of weeks ago. 
    Hope Arthur-Rex doesn't terr-ier the hotel up.
  • Lovely news WM - enjoy basking in Arthur-Rex's afterglow.  He's fast becoming a famous posh pooch - very 'County' with a double-barrelled name, I bet you both wear green wellies.
  • Great stuff MW - and A-R of course! Still keeping fingers crossed for the paperback deal. Good luck at the WI today too!
  • let us know how it goes!
  • Malcolm, I think I bought one of the last available copies of your book on Amazon.  Not only do I adore most animals - however, I blench at the thought of the things you have to do to them - but fancied some fun reading whilst going through house on market, job applications, getting married...

I think Arthur-Rex is gorgeous.  How did you buy/find/adopt him?  Tell him from me that, as someone on a fairly low income, I wouldn't mind seven choices of cheese any time of day.  The dry Ryvitas are beginning to lose their thrill.

Wishing you luck with the paperback option sale...
  • Glad everything is going well for you and Arthur Rex.
    Hope the rights interest is successful.
  • Good luck with paperback option.
  • Thanks for all your good wishes. The WI audition was a delight.  Very friendly crowd. Very welcoming and receptive to my spiel of animal stories.  I was asked about my book and where it could be bought.  So that was good of them. Seems I will be taken on board and have been asked whether I would be prepared to do some literary lunches this autumn.
  • Congratulations MW, that's great to hear!