Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

THE EQUIVOQUE PRINCIPLE

DazDaz
edited April 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi Talkbackers,
    Just a little something to give you hope! Some of you may recall me mentioning on this site about my hopes for my book 'The Equivoque Principle' and now the ink is all dry on the contract, I can update you: I have secured a publishing deal with the very nice folks at The Friday Project - a small, dedicated and innovative publisher.
    A press release is being drafted now, and this is a snippet: 'The Equivoque Principle' is a dark and gripping Victorian fantasy which tells the story of Cornelius Quaint and his traveling circus when they get embroiled in a series of grisly murders on the streets of London. It is the first in a trilogy.

The novel will be published as a limited edition hardback in February 2008. There will be collector’s edition, signed and numbered, as well as a deluxe edition with an original illustration. A standard paperback will follow in the Summer.

A lot of talkbackers helped me out with little things such as historical errors and questions about the Church, and I will do all I can to promote you guys and the site.
    cheers
    Darren Craske
  • Congratulations!.

See, all the hard work, blood tears and sweat are worth it.

Sounds like a fab book.  Let us know when we can order our limited editions!.
  • haha! i will do, and thanks. My publisher will be submitting an offer for anyone who wishes to read the first 30 pages to contact him via email and he will send to you. I will post his address once I get confirmation that the press release has been sent.
  • that is SUCH good news! Congratulations!
  • Wonderful news! Well done, you must be thrilled to bits!
  • Well done! Best of luck with sales. Er ... what is the Equivoque Priciple?
  • read it and find out Jay!
  • essentially, it's a conjuror's trick whereby they present you with something obvious, such as: 'pick a card, any card' making you think you have free choice, but in reality the conjuror is forcing you to take the card he wants...it's also meaning a decoy...or slight...nothing is as it seems.
  • Careful, Jay. Daz may be using the Equivoque Principle on you!
  • Many congrats - well done.
  • I thought your publishers' name sounded familiar, so I Googled it. This is what I found.

"The web and print publishing company The Friday Project alleges that the series stole its name from their site, or at least failed to check in Google first. This has led to The Friday Project creating a spoof site displaying mis-spelt feedback from Friday Night Project viewers and Justin Lee Collins Fans. A common feature of The Friday Thing email newsletter they produce is a selection of some of the most idiotic emails intended for The Friday Night Project."
  • The plot thickens!
  • The things they've said about Blue Peter on The Friday Thing website - it's a miracle they weren't sued!
  • Well done Daz. It sound like things are coming out all white in the wash.
  • Jay - This isn't the same Daz as appears in your flash fiction, is it?
  • Good news Daz.
  • Jenny - don't think so. I've come across a Daz(z) on a different website. When I was writing the piece, I had to Google it to see what it was short for. I wasn't sure if it was Darren or Daniel.
  • Congratulations and well done!
  • How terrific! Fabulous news, Daz - and well done.
  • many thanks to you all (even the more suspicious minds amongst you who think me a made-up person) I can assure you,I am very real.
    As I said previously, I will do all I can to draw attention to the great community spirit we have here and you never know, great things may come as a result.
    Keep the faith!
  • and with regards to my publishers - they are not Alan Carr and Justin Lee Collins...
    they can be found at this link:  http://www.thefridayproject.co.uk/
  • That's great news Daz. I remember the discussion thread about your plot from last year, I enjoyed the snippets of story that you let out and it's great to see that a publisher has been impressed with it too! All the very best with the launch, and here's wishing you great sales.
  • Congratulations! Reading something like that gives inspiration to us newcomers. I look forward to reading it.