Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

It makes it all worthwhile ...

edited March 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I've just received this e-mail, and it's so nice I thought I'd quote it in full.

Hej Jay!

Do you speak Swedish!?
    Jag
  • That's nice Jay
  • Fabulous, Jay.  I read this earlier but didn't have time to reply.  It must be very satisfying to receive something like this.  Well done, you.
  • There you go Jay. It's always gratifying to get good feedback. Payback time for all the hard work put in. And what harm is there in having one's ego massaged a bit in that way? It helps to spur one on to even better things. 'Good on you' as IslandGirl might say.
  • That's really nice Jay.
  • Genuine praise to be enjoyed, Jay. Great stuff!
  • It's a wonderful feeling when your published work is appreciated, isn't it?  Let's hope you'll get more sales as a result.  Each time I get a letter or email from someone I don't know, but who's come across my website or read my book I feel the world is a wonderful place and all the hard work was worth while.
  • Too true Verica. But isn't it a funny feeling when you release that baby of yours into the public eye after months if not years of nurturing it from birth through many rewrites until it stands on its own - your words on the printed page? It speaks volumes for the emotional effort involved.
  • wonderful Jay.  Maybe swedish could be a new outlet for you!  its lovely that someone has taken the time to express their feelings on your book.  true validation indeed.
  • It DOES make it all worthwhile. Good on you!
  • Well done Jay!
  • Jay, that's wonderful - it must make you feel very happy.