Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Still Celebrating

salsal
edited March 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi
    Just to let you all know my book 'Swansea at War' is published and I am still soooo excited.  Wish you were all here so we could have a big party.
  • Well done, Sal.
  • You keep on being excited it is a great achievement. Well done.
  • I just saw it on Amazon. Well done!
  • Yay for Sal!
  • Brilliant news, Sal! Well done!
  • Well done Sal.
  • Congratulations Sal. Get in touch with local paper and see if you can get them interested in doing a piece, so details of the book can be mentioned.
  • well done!!

ive just requested it for the library i work in so we should most definitely get a copy!!!

any other Talkbackers i can get copies of books into the libraries for? well, southampton libraries.
  • Yeahhhhh!
  • Brilliant! I think there's a publicity thread you might want to read. Don't forget to register for plr.
  • Hi

Thank you so much for all your messages. I am really thrilled to share the news with you. The book is non-fiction based on personal interviews and photos of people's WW2 wartime memories.  The ISBN number is:
    ISBN-10 0750944641 and is published by Sutton Publishers.  I shall follow up the suggestions What's PLR?
  • Public lending right - what you receive when your books are borrowed from the libraries. The website's probably www.plr. something er ... Try Googling them. I've got details if necessary.
  • Many congratulations
  • Public Lending Rights.
    It's money paid out to writers who have their book borrowed from public libraries- not all libraries are involved as it is county based and not all counties are involved at one time, some are removed and others brought in.
    So do apply, as some libraries in other parts of the country may want to stock it, as well as Swansea Libraries.
  • As Jay said the website is www.plr.uk.com and they will have the details needed.
  • Thanks again, I've looked into PLR and waiting for forms etc.
  • Great news, well shared... hope it exceeds all your expectations.