Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

A-level Drama - ahh!

edited February 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• Hi everyone! I've got a little problem. For my A-level Drama practical exam I have to find a play. Ok so far... however it has to be with 3 women and 1 male - a female cannot play a male and vice versa. We have to select an extract which lasts 20 minutes. And we have to be passionate about it - oh and write coursework about our performaces before we have actually taken the exam (that's another story though!).

Anyway I was wondering if any of you knew any good plays with 3 women and 1 male (give or take a character)? I've looked everywhere and we all disagree. Thank you.

p.s Has anyone heard of The Ash-Girl by Timberake Wertenbaken? What do you think of it?
  • Have you tried The Rover by Aphra Behn?.  It's a restoration play that I discovered at University, and it's quite funny.  However, I cannot remember how many characters there are.

Moreover, Behn was the first woman writer/playwrite.
  • Is it?.

So much for a University education then!.
  • Hey! Thanks for your suggestions. We've decided on Therese Raquin by Emile Zola.
  • Should that be righton - Jay?
  • Possibly, Stan. Zola wasn't a bad footballer, either.