Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

A different sort of achievement for me

edited March 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• This weekend I had the immense privilege of seeing one of my poems performed in an event by a local theatre group. Before now, if any of my material was ever performed it was always me that did the performing. Giving the poem to somebody else was a little like giving it wings and letting it fly away. The experience was very moving. I felt really honoured that somebody else cared about my words so much that they wanted them to be experienced in this context, on a stage in front of strangers.

I've been trying to learn the same piece myself, for an open mike night this week, and now every time I get near the end of the poem I get all teary-eyed...
  • How wonderful for you, Amboline - congratulations.
    And good luck with the open mike night, too.
  • What a lovely thing to experience for the first time, well done on it being used.
  • Well done, Amboline, and good luck with your reading. 
  • Amboline, you must have been delighted, how nice for you! Well done. I bet it was superb.
  • Aaah - how nice.  Well done and best of luck
  • Congratulations! That is a wonderful thing to happen - and good luck on your open mic evening too!
  • Well done and all the best with the open mike night.
  • Well done!
  • Congratulations Amboline.  It must have been a wonderful experience.
  • Yep, that proud parent moment.  You have fathered a poem that's done you proud.
  • What a great experience. Congratulations.
  • Phew, it must be a pretty powerful poem for you.  Congratulations and good luck with your own reading... TTx
  • Wow, that must have felt amazing, well done!
  • Congratulations Amboline. I know how you felt. Back in 2000 I had a play staged and was back stage waiting for all the reactions. Thankfully they laughed when they should have but each time a poignant part was about to arrive I got all flustered until it was over. Then it was a rush of sparkling diamond excitement. An adrenalin rush to the ears and my legs went to jelly. A great feeling indeed. May you get many, many more occasions like this.
  • Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. I'm going to hide myself in the loo now so I don't have to explain my blushes to all my work colleagues ;-)
  • Tut, tut.  Reading personal e-mails at work, Amboline?  Smacked wristies, my boy.  (Tee hee)