Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Does it pay to persistent?

edited March 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi folks. Have just this minute come off a 30 minute phone interview with a Hospital Radio Station.
    While I was waiting to go on I was leafing through my correspondence notes. I first made contact with that station on the 30th Dec by sending an e-mail. No response. Three communications later plus a fax on the 25th Jan I then managed to get an initial response. It took a further four e-mails/phone calls from me through Feb asking if they were still interested before I managed to get something organised. And though it seemed as if they weren't really bothered it had just been poor communications at their end.  In the event it all turned out fine and the interviewer was a great guy. I was even asked for a  piece of music to dedicate to the hospital. Just goes to show you need to keep at it sometimes. Though  a word of caution. There are times when you can overplay your card and put people off by badgering too much.  It's a question of where to draw the line. I'm still learning to stick my pencil in only when appropriate.
  • You are 'write' to 'draw' your own conclusions MW.
  • See? I can be punny, too.
  • Lead on IG. You're sharp and to the point.